Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nesting

So, I have four documents at the bottom of my computer screen that have been there for over a week. And they all have the name of a community college near Seattle as part of their title. And now I hate that college, because seeing them at the bottom of my screen, their little unfinished document faces telling me how much I suck, is making me want to pretend I never even started them in the first place.

And how do I combat this? I just opened *another* document and started making a list of things that might go in one of the other docs! There are literally ideas nested in ideas at this point!

Ahhh!

Because I'm in a weird transition state right now--no job, new city in a new home on Monday, new roommates--I am finding some security and comfort in the oddest places. Namely, my cat, who I walked in on yesterday creating a nest out of packing materials.


No, your eyes do not deceive you; there is, in fact, a Haggen bag being used as bedding in that picture. Perhaps this is some witty commentary on our move, but I doubt that. She was less than thrilled that I woke her up with my camera flashing.




So there it is, my last (rambly) words from Bellingham--the town where I've had my most insane self-doubts, biggest successes, and longest stretches without sleeping. I'm not sure how I will cope with being far away from those who remain here, but hopefully I will make my own little trash pile of happiness down in Seattle.


1 comment:

  1. This made me tear up a bit...it might be sinking in.

    ReplyDelete