Monday, May 17, 2010

Facebook and Exes

It's really bizarre to watch the things you used to share with someone -- the stuff that made up their identity, and, for a while, your shared identity -- become part of someone new's identity.

I don't mean this in an woe-is-me, missing-an-ex kind of way. I'm best friends with an ex boyfriend of many years. Just remarking on how...odd, and easily accessible an ex's new relationship is when it's on Facebook.

It's almost funny, to see them slip into the same patterns, or to slowly share the same parts of themselves over time. Makes me wonder how well Facebook, etc, are documenting all of our lives.

Wonder what, say, your FB/Twitter statuses could say about how you are in relationships?

1 comment:

  1. This is why i'm glad that my Ex's almost never use Facebook. I've never done the whole Facebook with relationships thing too much. I used to have a rule about no pictures with current boyfriends on FB. I guess I gave up that rule with Hugh.

    ReplyDelete